Sunday, July 4, 2010

Meet Leta Marie Porter


Please meet Leta Marie Porter, owner of Leta Marie Designs on Zibbet. Leta Marie resides in Albany, Oregon.

Tell us about yourself… I am a Wife, Mother of 2 Grown Daughters, and a School Bus Driver of 12 years. My daughter's encouragement has given me a new passion in my life that I did not realize was missing. I can not adequately express the immense joy I get from creating something that someone else might like. I am pretty anal about how my creations look which has made me slow to begin more on necklaces and bracelets. I want to know all the ins and outs of what I need, how to do it, etc. before I start. I am just Happy to have found a way to make an income (such as it is for now) with doing something that is so fulfilling for me. And it has opened a whole new world of meeting such Wonderful, Creative People too.

Describe your “style” and how it sets you apart from your competition. I don't really have a "style". I like a wide variety of materials. My items have been described as "simple". But as I mature in this I hope to create more complicated items. I do though only make earrings that are not "heavy" pulling down on earlobe. And I only use Ear Wires that can be worn comfortably by people with metal sensitivities like my daughter who can only wear Sterling Silver, gold filled, Surgical Steel, etc.

What is the “story” behind your shop name? I just decided to use my first and middle name, added the word designs, because that is what I am doing. The e in my first name is long and the a is short. My names sound nice together I think.

What is your favorite item in your shop at the moment? Black Pearl Earring with Swarovski Crystals. I think it is a simple, elegant looking earring.

What is your favorite Zibbet shop? That is a hard question because there are so many Great Shops to pick from. But I do like the clutches and pendants offered by Blu Skys Boutique. I particularly like this Pink Floral Moda Fabric Purse/Key Fob.

How long have you been a Zibbeter? Since Dec.19, 2009

As a seller, what do you like best about Zibbet? The tools to set up my shop were easy to use. But I really like the fact that if you have a problem or question, the people at zibbet get back to you fairly quickly. And everyone (seller) here has been very Friendly and Helpful even if you sell in the same catagory. I have made wonderful friends here!

As a buyer, what do you like best about Zibbet? I have already bought one item and the Seller shipped my item so promptly I got it much sooner than I expected and it was packaged so nicely. Communication was great too! And so many wonderful shops to Browse through!

What else would you like the world to know about you and your Zibbet shop? I will be adding more items in my shop so please stop by. I offer 10% off future purchases that are paid with PayPal after the first purchase made through PayPal.

Connect with Leta Marie on Facebook, Twitter and her blog.
 
 
Buy Handmade ~ Buy Handmade ~ Buy Handmade
 

2 comments:

Modred Vintage said...

Very pretty earrings, and another enjoyable interview.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Nice feature. I love Leta's earrings ~ have a couple pair myself. In fact, I'm wearing some right now!

Post a Comment