Sunday, August 8, 2010

Meet Arty Lou of Ariamy on Zibbet

Please meet Arty Lou, owner of Ariamy on Zibbet.

Tell us about yourself…I’m an Australian born who has been living on a beautiful and serene island in Greece for the past decade or so. I have two young adorable boys, a husband, three playful cats and two dwarf hamsters who take up a good portion of my time and energy. I taught English as a foreign language for a while but gave it up to devote myself to my children. My urge to create jewelry came at that time. Being a stay at home mum was difficult and overwhelming for me and I needed an outlet for all that pent up frustration. Getting involved with jewelry making was the ideal solution for me. It has since been educational, fun and rewarding in many aspects.

Describe your “style” and how it sets you apart from your competition. I can’t say I have a style as yet as I’m still discovering, learning and experimenting with new techniques and materials. I enjoy creating a variety of jewelry, therefore, one could find happy, fun, playful, feminine, ethnic and wire wrapped pieces. I also create banners.

What is the “story” behind your shop name? When I first began with my Zibbet shop, I chose the name Oh - La - La by Ariamy because I believe it reflected well with the content of my shop. Ariamy was part of my nick name also and I liked the sound of it. Later I began including banners and Oh - La - La no longer seemed to fit. Therefore, I named it 'Handmade Jewelry and Beautiful Banners' because I do believe they are beautiful!

What is your favorite item in your shop at the moment? My So Oriental Ooak Necklace is my all time favorites. It was the second necklace I created. It was tricky creating it as I was a newbie at the time and I wasted a good deal of time, crimp tubes and tiger tail wire till I assembled it right and was happy with it.

What is your favorite Zibbet shop? It’s very difficult mentioning only one favorite Zibbet shop when there are so many out there that are favorites. However, one favorite Zibbet shop is luvs2create2. I’ve had the pleasure of purchasing from luvs2create2 very recently. She’s a very warm and wonderful woman who made the transaction a very pleasant one. I found exactly what I needed and I simply love her paper goods. I’m considering these as my next purchase for my jewelry. I currently really like these Mini Thank You Note Cards.

How long have you been a Zibbeter? I’ve been a Zibbeter since Jan 26th, 2010. I discovered it via Facebook and my only regret is I never discovered it earlier.

As a seller, what do you like best about Zibbet? What isn’t there to like? It’s incomparable to other craft selling venues. Zibbet has so many features and capabilities available that benefit all sellers if put into good use.

As a buyer, what do you like best about Zibbet? Transactions are made easily and securely in a few simple steps.

What else would you like the world to know about you and your Zibbet shop? It’s very important I know whether my customers are happy or not and I’m able to go out of my way to satisfy or help them out with something. If a problem should arise, I will do the best I can to resolve it.

Connect with Arty Lou on her blog, Facebook and Twitter.


Buy Handmade ~ Buy Handmade ~ Buy Handmade

3 comments:

Christina said...

Lovely interview! It is really nice to see other Zibbeters get out there. I have to ask -- the transition from Australia to Greece must have been huge! What made you make such a dramatic move? I'm always glad to see people that are able to include something creative into their life -- and it seems to be working well for you!

Unknown said...

wonderful interview, Arty Lou ~ what an adventure you've had!

Arty said...

Christina, the transition was huge and difficult. I was young at the time and it was the choice of my parents, as they were born here, to move back.

PetitPoulailler, I never thought of it like that but you can say it was. A bitter sweet adventure :)

Post a Comment